Waking up early, one of the hardest things to do for many people. You hear people complaining about it almost every day and you complain about it yourself every morning when that damned alarm clock goes off. We can’t do anything about having to get up early, but we can surely make it easier, here are a few tips and tricks to help you roll out of bed easer early in the morning!
- Don’t snooze your alarm clock, but get out of your bed the first time it goes off. Snoozing your alarm clock makes it only harder to get up because you’re being pulled out of your sleep on and on again.
- Drink a big glass of water directly when you wake up and splash some water in your face. This always wakes me up a lot more when I went to bed way too late.
- Prevent your room from being cold in the morning; it’s terrible having to get up when it’s cold, and to have to leave your magical cocoon of warmth. Especially when it turns autumn and winter, turn your radiator a little bit up in the evening! If you don’t want to do this because of costs or “global warming” reasons, just lay a sweater next to your bed and put it on when you wake up.
- Already pick out the clothes you want to wear for the next day, as well as to pack your school bag. This makes that you have more time to sleep in the morning, and no stress about what to wear or if you’ll forget your books.
- Obviously, try to go to bed on time! This is really hard, I know, but it’s really bad for your body to always be tired. I know for myself that the internet is a big reason for my lack of sleep, and I know that this is the same for many of you. Try to put away your phone at nine, and get ready for bed. Instead of checking your Instagram before you’re going to sleep, read a book.
- If you always go to bed around 1 in the morning, it’s really hard to just suddenly go to bed at 10. Try to shorten the time day by day half an hour. So go from 01:00 to 12:30 and the next day to 12:00 and so on.
- If you just absolutely can’t get any sleep before 10:00 at night because you’re a night person, then don’t. You just gotta take naps. Just take a nap after school, you’ll feel energetic again, and instead of making your homework in the midday, do it in the afternoon or evening. It sucks for night persons that school starts so early, but if we can’t change that, we just gotta go with the naps.
- Put on one kind of perfume every evening just before you’re going to sleep. Your brain will associate the smell with sleeping and you’ll fall asleep quicker.
- Clean up your room before you go to bed; it will give rest and it’s nice to wake up with a neat room. Also, try to make your bed every morning.
Well, that’s all I could think of that works for me. I hope you’ll get a little more sleep than before reading this! Good luck to all of you next schoolyear, and may your sleep be tight and deep.
Love always, Laura Grace